Changing Thule lock barrels is simple.
- Make sure that the accessory is unlocked.
- Push the master key (the one with the square cornered head) into the lock barrel. When you withdraw it, the lock barrel will come out.
- Put one of the new One Key System locks onto the master key and insert it into the lock opening. Put your thumb over the barrel and withdraw the key.
- Use the new key to lock the accessory.
- Please complete the form below and return with your keys, locks and master key.
Thule roof boxes are slightly different. Leave the box locked. Using the original key, turn the key 45o clockwise, and withdraw the key. Then use the master key as described above.
You will have noticed that only the key has the lock number stamped on it. The lock barrel shows no numbers on it. It is therefore essential that you make a note of your key numbers and keep these in a safe place! If you bought gear from us, you can also send us a record of your key numbers.
Why this matters?
If you lose your keys (it happens!) we won’t be able to supply you with a replacement if you don’t know the lock reference number. This will cause you considerable hassle and expense – you have been warned!